Dhania chicken is a departure from the usual spicy chicken curry with its lively green colour and a flavour of coriander blend in chicken. If you are bored cooking chicken in the same fashion, this one will certainly be a different attempt with a handful ingredients and with less trouble. I assure, you will like the end result.
Ingredients to serve 4 :
- Chicken pieces with bone – 500 gm.
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2 cups
- Chopped mint leaves – ¾ cup
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Green chillies – 8 – 10
- Plain yogurt – 250 gm.
- Ginger paste – 1 tbspoon
- Garlic paste – ½ tbspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Cooking oil – 3 tbspoon
- Salt & sugar to taste
- Fresh cream (optional) – 2 tbspoon
Marinate the chicken with yogurt for at least 1 hour.
Make a fine paste with the coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
Then mix the marinated chicken with that paste and other ingredients except chopped onion.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the onion till it becomes translucent. Then add the chicken mixture to it.
Cover the pan with the lid and put the flame on low. Cook until the chicken gets tender and the gravy thickens as per your desired consistency.
Add the fresh cream at the end and give it a good stir.
Serve with roti, paratha, nan, pulao or rice.
- You can use spinach instead of mint leaves, if you are not a fan of mint flavour. In fact only coriander leaves can also serve the purpose very well.
- Use green chillies according to your taste.