I often prepare egg rice when I am not exactly in mood of serious cooking. 🙂 This is an easy way out for me if I just have to cook for myself. The best part of this simplest ever egg rice recipe is that it can be made in no time and is quite self-sufficient. You do not need any supplementary dish with it. If you are in a hurry and want to wrap up cooking in few minutes without any hassles, go for it.
Ingredients to serve 2 :
- Rice – 1 cup
- Egg – 2 or 3 (I used 3)
- Onion powder – 2 teaspoon
- Ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chicken masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped green chilli – 2
- Chopped spring onion – 3 tbspoon heaped
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
Rinse the rice well with water a few times. Cook it with sufficient amount of water. After draining the water from cooked rice spread it over a plate and let it dry.
In the meanwhile heat 3 tbspoon of oil in a wok over medium flame. Beat the eggs with salt and add to the hot oil. Make small fragments of it with a spatula while frying.
Now add the rice, salt, green chillies, onion and garlic powder and fry very well till the raw flavour of rice goes away. You can also add little oil if the rice starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Now add the chicken masala powder and spring onions and again fry for another couple of minutes.
You are done with a very simple yet tasty egg rice 🙂
- To make any kind of fried rice you should keep in mind that your rice should not be either sticky or very soft. Keep an watchful eye while cooking the rice. Try to cook it in a large vessel and use generous amount of water.
- Fry the rice very well till its raw flavour disappear otherwise the dish will not taste good.
- You can even use left over rice from previous day to prepare egg rice.