“Chirer pulao” or Flaked rice pulao is a handy breakfast or evening snack dish. I used to find often my lunch box full of “chirer pulao” in the good old school days. These days I often prepare it as evening snack when my husband returns home from work and I need to make something very quick. It indeed can be made in a blink of an eye. So just try and share your experience with me. 🙂
Ingredients to serve 2 :
- Flaked rice/Chire – 2 cup
- Thin slices of carrot – 2 tbspoon
- Small cubes of potato – 1
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Finely chopped ginger – ½ tbspoon
- Chopped green chilli – 2
- Roasted pea nut – 2 tbspoon
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Oil – 3 tbspoon
Wash flaked rice twice and drain the water well. Then spread it over a plate to become just a little bit dry.
Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add sliced carrot and potato and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add chopped onion, ginger, green chilli and pea nuts. Season with salt and fry till all the vegetables get cooked.
Now add the flaked rice, season with salt and sugar and fry very well till the raw flavour of flaked rice disappears.
- For this recipe fine flaked rice is not suitable as after rinsing it turns mushy. Then it turns out unmanageable even if you fry for long.
- Don’t fry the flaked rice for a long time otherwise it will become hard and crispy which is not desirable for this dish.