Chicken Tandoori is a very popular dish in Indian subcontinent. Chicken, marinated with yogurt and some spices, is generally roasted in a traditional cylindrical clay oven, called tandoor and thus inherited the name. It can be obviously prepared on barbeque grills. But I chose the electric oven for this recipe as I didn’t have either ‘tandoor’ or barbeque grill.
Ingredients to serve 2 :
- Chicken thigh – 2 (approx. 500-600 gm.)
- Ginger paste – 1 tbspoon
- Garlic paste – ½ tbspoon
- Plain Yogurt – 4-5 tbspoon
- Tandoori masala powder – 1 tbspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 5 tbspoon
Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
Marinate the chicken with rest of the ingredients, reserving 2 tbspoon oil for brushing later. Keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat your oven at 250ºC.
Cover the baking tray with an aluminum sheet and grease with oil.
Put the chicken pieces over it and bake for 30 minutes.
After that take out the tray from the oven, brush the pieces with oil and turn them over.
Again bake for 20-25 minutes till they turn brown and you get a little smoky smell.
Serve hot with onion rings and a piece of lemon.
- I used tandoori masala powder available in the market. If you do not find any, prepare by your own. It is usually made with powdered garlic, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, mace, cumin, coriander seeds, fenugreek, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom and red food colour (optional).