I just love to have cheeses without looking at my weight meter 😛 . While returning from Europe I brought a large chunk of Cheddar cheese which I bought from cheese factory in Netherlands. I utilize the cheese in many a dishes, one of my favourites among those is the ‘savoury curried bites’. These are basically savoury biscuits with richness of cheese and flavoured with spices. It highly satisfies ones need for tasty teatime snacks.
Ingredients for 20 pieces :
- Butter (softened) – 100 gm. + extra for greasing
- Plain flour – 100 gm. + extra for dusting
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder – 2 teaspoon
- Grated Cheddar cheese – 100 gm.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese – 100 gm.
Lightly grease baking sheets with a little butter.
Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the curry powder and both the grated cheeses. Rub in the softened butter with your fingertips, then bring the mixture together to form a soft dough.
Roll out the dough thinly on a lightly floured work surface to form a rectangle. Cut out 20 circles using a 10 cm. biscuit cutter and arrange on baking sheets. Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C/350°F, for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Let the biscuits cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely and crispen.
- You can experiment with other kind of cheeses.
- You can use any size of biscuit cutter of your choice and increase the quantity in number.