Chicken nugget qualifies to be a cute form of non-veg appetizer which can readily be served with tea or coffee in the evening snack. It is a suitable successor to my earlier post of Chilli Cheese Nuggets. The best part about chicken nugget is that it can be preserved for weeks in the freezer to be taken out at the right time, deep fried and served immediately. Moreover, it requires only a handful of ingredients with hardly much time to prepare.
Ingredients for 12 – 15 pieces :
- Chicken breast – 200 gm.
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Egg – 1
- Plain flour/Corn flour – 2-3 tbspoon
- Breadcrumbs to coat
- Oil to deep-fry
Clean and cut the chicken into 12-15 bite size pieces.
Marinate the chicken with salt, black pepper powder, ginger paste and lemon juice for at least 1 hour.
Beat the egg with little salt and pepper powder.
Now coat each pieces of chicken first with flour, then egg and at last with breadcrumbs.
Heat sufficient oil over medium flame and deep fry the nuggets till they turn into golden brown.
Transfer to a paper towel to absorb excess oil and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Chicken nuggets can be preserved for 1-3 month. After coating with breadcrumbs transfer the nuggets into a zip-lock bag or any air container and then put the bag/container into the freezer.
- You can also use garlic powder instead of garlic paste.