Paneer can be turned into various interesting dishes, once one gets bored to the ideas of usual paneer ki sabzi, matar paneer or even the spicy paneer butter masala. Chilli paneer can be a refreshing break if you adore and love to go Chinese too. This recipe of Chilli panner is a simple, mild but delicious to satisfy more than your appetite and rivets you close to the glorious Asian cuisine. Highly recommended with fried rice but equally engrossing with roti and parantha too.
Ingredients to serve 4 :
- Paneer – 250 gm.
- Onion – 2 (medium size)
- Capsicum – 1 (small size)
- Chopped garlic – 4-5 cloves
- Chopped ginger – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Slit Green chili – 3-4
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbspoon
- Chili sauce – 1 tbspoon
- Soya sauce – 1 tbspoon
- Vinegar – ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Corn flour – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 3 tbspoon
Cut the paneer into large chunks and keep aside.
Cut the onion and capsicum into medium size squares.
Heat oil in a wok/ kadai over medium flame.
Add chopped garlic and fry till they start changing colour.
Then add onion, ginger and capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes on high flame till the onion gets translucent. Add little salt while frying the vegetables.
Then turn the flame on medium and add slit green chilies, tomato sauce, chili sauce and soya sauce. Cook the sauce mixture for 2 minutes.
Then add paneer cubes and cook for another couple of minutes.
Add ½ cup of water and let it cook over medium flame until the gravy thickens.
Add vinegar and black peeper powder, mix them well.
Stir the corn flour in 2 tbspoon of water and add into the gravy. Give it a good stir and put the gas off. Cover the pan and give it a standing time for 2 more minutes.
Serve with Fried Rice or roti.
- I have used raw paneer. Otherwise, you can fry the paneer lightly before adding to the sauce mixture.
- Like you prepare chicken cubes with batter of corn flower and egg while preparing chili chicken, you can also do the same for paneer cubes. Preferably use corn flour, water, salt and black pepper to make a thick batter. Dip the paneer cubes into the batter and deep fry them. In that case, add the paneer after the gravy thicken to the desired consistency.